There’s a conversation going on right now in the biblioblogosphere, and it’s worth catching up on.
- Ego, thy name is librarianship | Julie Jurgens, Hi Miss Julie!
- How to get me to want you as a keynoter | Andromeda Yelton, Across Divided Networks
- Meditation on being a librarian in public | Anna, Faded Hat
- Representin’ | Kristin LaLonde, Action Librarian
- My silence on gender issues in libraries and technology | Nicholas Schiller, information. games.
There is a lot of truth in these posts, and many quotable passages (several of which have already appeared on Tumblr). I’d suggest taking the time to read each in full, however.