When building your collections, remember:
You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.
What to avoid when designing library spaces:
Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.
Remember, every reader his or her book; you are not there to enforce your tastes:
Chris: You and I will embark in a quick session of heart-rate meditation, focusing on conscious breathing and opening the heart shakra.
Ron: I’m not sure I’m interested in that. No, I am sure, I’m not interested in that.
Avoid hyperbole in employee reviews:
Jerry’s work is often adequate.
Keep this in mind when contemplating library renovations:
I don’t want to paint with a broad brush here, but every single contractor in the world is a miserable, incompetent thief.
Here’s all you need for awesome teen programs:
No home is complete without a proper toolbox. Here’s April and Andy’s: A hammer, a half eaten pretzel, a baseball card, some cartridge that says Sonic and Hedgehog, a scissor half, a flashlight filled with jellybeans.
The only phrase you need in department meetings:
Chris, you have come up with a plan so spectacularly horrible that it might ruin the entire department.
How to get everyone’s attention at storytime:
Everyone shut up and look at me!
What your coworkers are doing instead of actual work:
I’m going to type every word I know! Rectangle. America. Megaphone. Monday. Butthole.
Respecting privacy is paramount:
The less I know about other people’s affairs, the happier I am. I’m not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
- thebiblioteka likes this
- readerofthings likes this
- wilmlibrary likes this
- shoshweet reblogged this from himissjulie and added:
- shoshweet likes this
- minionsofisidore likes this
- nerdylikearockstar reblogged this from librarean
- sushigrade likes this
- often-i-have-read reblogged this from libraryjournal
- darienlibrary likes this
- shrinkinglibrarian reblogged this from libraryjournal
- seltzerlizard likes this
- withawonder likes this
- missoulapubliclibrary likes this
- girlinsynthesis reblogged this from libraryjournal
- scaredysocks likes this
- erikawithac likes this
- doseogwan likes this
- curmudgeonlaine likes this
- rhaithe likes this
- onechair-barbershop likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- bookwormbreakfast likes this
- zebrastompslionhead likes this
- anexperimentinreading reblogged this from libraryjournal
- rainetoday reblogged this from libraryjournal and added:
- learnforlife likes this
- librarianed reblogged this from thepinakes
- librarianed likes this
- melissa-42 likes this
- skokielibrary reblogged this from libraryjournal and added:
- hotpinknailpolish likes this
- thedanaash likes this
- itmightbedoug reblogged this from libraryjournal
- itmightbedoug likes this
- eviloverlibrarian reblogged this from ipomoeaj and added:
- junk-pile likes this
- deep-inthechasm likes this
- fireeyedgrrl likes this
- librarianpirate likes this
- fanonisbetterthancanon reblogged this from libraryjournal
- lyrabelacqua likes this
- pope-john-paul-george-and-ringo likes this
- gloriousclio reblogged this from libraryjournal
- proustianrecall likes this
- ipomoeaj reblogged this from libraryjournal
- ipomoeaj likes this
- libraryjournal reblogged this from thepinakes