EveryLibrary is excited to announce we are backing our first ballot initiative: Proposition 3 in Spokane WA will help restore hours (at branches and the Downtown library), collections (books, ebooks, music downloads), and the equitable access the people of Spokane deserve to computers with internet access, databases of medical and business information, programs for kids and adults, and more time with the information experts who drive it all (the librarians).
We stand with “Yes for Spokane Libraries” - a citizens committee dedicated to helping Proposition 3 pass - in urging registered voters in Spokane to “approve” on this special dedicated levy. We’ve pledged $5,000 in support of the committee’s work educating voters and getting out the vote. They are phone banking, doing voter awareness mailings, and good old yard signs (the pic).
The ballot mails Jan 25th and needs to be returned by Feb 12th. It is very very fast. If you are, or know, people in Spokane, spread the word. If you care about libraries or the future of library access anywhere, please share.
www.everylibrary.org - every.library.matters.
- superstitionrev reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- librariesbuildcommunity reblogged this from everylibrary and added:
- rhaithe reblogged this from libraryjournal
- somervillepubliclibraryfriends likes this
- doseogwan reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- wagrobanite reblogged this from libraryjournal
- nightvalestationintern reblogged this from englishmajorinrepair
- thepinakes likes this
- englishmajorinrepair reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- itmightbedoug likes this
- thedanaash likes this
- welldevelopedfusiformgyrus likes this
- johnxlibris reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- caitlinrcruz likes this
- thelifeguardlibrarian reblogged this from everylibrary
- thelifeguardlibrarian likes this
- gummiebear727 likes this
- libraryjournal reblogged this from everylibrary
- ex-tabulis reblogged this from everylibrary
- everylibrary posted this